Some of the links on this page may link to our affiliates. Learn more about our ad policies.
Best Online Wills and Trusts
Updated on: February 2023
Written by: Courtney Berardi
Best User Interface & Online Attorney Assistance
- Best User Interface
- Online Attorney Assistance Included
- 7 Day Free Trial & Document Specific Pricing Available
- Best Price as Services Offered are Free
- Create Documents to Present to Your Own Lawyer
- No Legal Assistance Available
Best Comprehensive Clear Outlined Packages
- Tiered Pricing for Offered Services
- Price Starts at $99 for Lowest Tier
- Frequently Asked Questions Easily Accessible
Creating a will or trust can be time consuming and expensive. Finding an attorney or firm to assist you takes time, but now in the digital age there are many sites available to assist you in crafting your legacy. Finding the perfect website to assist you can be challenging. That is why Aging.com is here to help you find the best fit. Here are several user and budget friendly options for you to check out when updating or crafting your will and trust. Budget, comprehensiveness, and price were all taken into consideration when selecting our Top 3 picks. Rocket Lawyer offers the easiest interface, and immediate attorney assistance making it our #1 pick for online will and trust creation. Some options to consider when picking your service are whether you have life insurance, if you want to go through the probate process, how you want your health care directives handled, and if you prefer a living will or trust.
What is the Probate Process?
Probate is the process in which a will is proved in court, after a person’s passing. This process allows for assets to be distributed to heirs of the will. Probate is easier with a living will or trust, as it names an executor of a will and beneficiaries. During probate, all your assets must be located and cataloged and assessed to determine their total value. In cases where there is no will, the probate process becomes more complicated in order to execute a dissemination of assets.
Best Online Wills and Trusts 2023
- Best User Interface – Rocket Lawyer
- Best Price – DoYourOwnWill
- Best Tiered Pricing -Nolo
- Best Accompanying Life Insurance – Fabric by Gerber Life
- Best for Online Assistance – Trust & Will
- Best Comprehensive Package – Legal Zoom
|COMPANY||RATING||COST||LEGAL SUPPORT||REFUNDS||STATE SPECIFIC TEMPLATES||PLATFORM|
||Starting at $39.99/month||Web|
|Fabric by Gerber Life||
|Trust & Will||
||Starting at $159||30 day money back guarantee||Web|
||$99-$209||Case-by-case basis||Software Program|
- Gives users a template that they fill in.
- Easy to understand, and very user friendly.
- Create your will or trust quickly, with help from attorney’s on standby to help you if you have questions or concerns.
- State-specific will and trust documents available.
- The attorney on retainer should answer quickly and help customize the documents to your concerns.
- 7 day free trial of their Premium Membership
Non-member pricing costs per question, consultation, or per document with pricing as low as $9.99 per document.
- Non-member incorporation filing costs $99.99.
- Non-member Registered Agent Service costs $149.99
This website allows for the most user friendly interface of the websites listed here. It is incredibly straightforward and transparent with pricing and services provided. It allows for consultations for as low as $9.99 for any document or question regarding document creation. There is an attorney on retainer that can promptly answer any questions, for a small fee if you do not have a membership. That being said, the membership allows for all inclusive services and the attorney assistance.
- Completely free to use, and full of other estate planning essential documents.
- No attorney assistance, but you can have these documents reviewed by your attorney rather than having to pay a steep fee for them to create it for you.
- Simply select will or trust creation, insert your personal information, and create
- Available nationwide.
This website allows for a completely free and easy to use creation of your will or trust. There is no attorney assistance available online. This service is used with the intention of presenting your documents to a personal lawyer to review and notarize documents. Along with will and trust documents, the website allows for creation of many other legal documents that will allow you to avoid the entanglement of the probate process, as long as someone else reviews said documents.
- Their All Access package is $209, and includes digital storage for your documents as well as letters to survivors, health care directives, durable power of attorney, the ability to share with trusted advisors, secure document storage, and 1 year of Everplans subscriptions.
- The Plus tier is $139 and includes wills, letters to survivors, health care directives, durable power of attorney, living trust, transfer on death deed, and a downloadable version for Mac or PC.
- The $99 starter package only includes the following: wills, health care directives, and final arrangements.
- Frequently Asked Questions are displayed with answers so you can easily craft your living will or trust.
- Starts at $99
This service has transparent tiers for pricing and is affordable. They offer a discount code, in addition to the tiered prices. This service includes digital storage for your documents, and allows for a comprehensive completion of one’s will or trust. It has all the bells and whistles you could need, including attorney assistance, and a frequently asked questions page that allows for easy questions to be quickly answered.
Fabric by Gerber Life
- Allows users to start with life insurance or creating a will.
- Users input their marital status, assets, and determine if they need life insurance in addition to their will or trust.
- Life insurance is often overlooked when creating a will or trust, and this website allows you to do it all rather than selecting one or the other.
- Life insurance allows for you to provide for your loved ones if you unexpectedly pass away or have unplanned medical expenses.
- Life insurance for as low as $14 a month, depending on your personal circumstances.
- Dependent on asset portfolio, age, and marital status.
Fabric by Gerber Life allows for users to purchase life insurance before or after creating their will or trust. However, the pricing system is not transparent and they require you to fill out your will or trust entirely before presenting you with the cost. Life insurance packages start at $14 a month, but increase based on their hidden criteria for quoting. That being said, this is a one and done service, meaning you shouldn’t have to use any additional services given the inclusivity of their services.
Trust & Will
- Online attorney available for questions instantly.
- Answer the questionnaire and receive an instant quote for your will.
- Prices fluctuate depending on your age, location, and marital status.
- Allows for online notarization, so you can do it completely online in one place.
- 30-day money back guarantee if you have any concerns or dislike your finalized will or trust.
- Starts at $159.
This website service has attorney assistance immediately available. They provide you with a quote based on your information, and the pricing is fairly transparent. They also provide a 30-day money back guarantee, unlike some of the other websites. This website is straightforward, simple to use, and offers live legal assistance.
- This is the most expensive and comprehensive option.
- A comprehensive last will starts at $99, and legal advice renews monthly at $25.
- Rates for a comprehensive estate bundle start at $399.
- This is renewed yearly for $199 but provides you with yearly attorney assistance.
- Comprehensive living trusts cost $299 and come with two weeks of legal assistance from an attorney.
- The Comprehensive packages allow for attorney assistance and revision of your documents, with a step-by-step guide.
- $99 to $399 depending on selected package.
This option is more expensive but has great comprehensive assistance. There is an annual renewal fee that accompanies attorney assistance. The pricing tiers are transparent and accompanied by a step-by-step guide, and revision assistance for documents. Despite the price, the services offered are comprehensive and high quality.
Picking a service to secure your living will and trust depends on how much you are looking to spend, if you want immediate attorney assistance, and what you want included in your online package for will or trust creation. Nolo offers a more expensive yet comprehensive options list for creation of these legal documents. DoYourOwnWill offers a free service for creation of these documents, without attorney assistance. RocketLawyer offers a comprehensive package with immediate attorney assistance and a customizable, user friendly interface.